Lab and Studio Priorities
Each of these environments provides space where students are encouraged to take on new projects and cross-disciplinary collaborations.
- Blank_Lab - This lab is a ”black box”' makerspace-style environment for immersive (AR/VR/Mixed Reality) applications. Funds will be used to purchase additional projectors and equipment.
- MuseLab and the DI Gallery - This is an experimental environment for museum and exhibition innovations, co-managed by DI and the I-School. Funds will be used to support recurring exhibition costs for students, faculty and staff.
- (I3) Lab - This is a collaborative 'accelerator' program co-managed by DI and LaunchNet. Funds will be used for mentorship and to support accelerating projects from challenge-based events and hackathons.
- SparkLab - This makerspace is focused on pre-collegiate and community engagement with funds supporting material costs to engage pre-collegiate students in workshops.
- Designer in Residence/Shared Faculty Studio - This is an open laboratory environment used for hosting our Designer/Innovators in Residence as well as supporting cross-disciplinary faculty projects. Donor support will allow us to host Innovators in Residence who will inspire and support our DI students, faculty and staff.