Student Affiliates in School Psychology (SASP) is a graduate student organization for individuals enrolled in the KSU school psychology program. Students automatically become members of SASP upon admission to the program. SASP operates under the guidance of the American Psychological Association (APA), Division 16. The KSU SASP chapter also aligns with the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). SASP acts as a platform for current school psychology students to discuss academic and professional issues, as well as a means for facilitating social cohesion within the program. Further, SASP provides leadership opportunities for students and encourages professional development amongst members. SASP works alongside faculty, the university, and local community to reach annual goals set forth by the SASP executive board.
The purpose of the organization is to present school psychology graduate students as a unified body, to discuss issues and concerns that affect students, both professional and academic;
- to provide opportunities to develop and nurture leadership skills;
- to allow student mentorship and occasions for sharing relevant resources;
- to foster professionalism during training;
- to institute a means to affect changes within the department/program;
- to sponsor speakers and extra-curricular training;
- to establish links with professional organizations and school psychology professionals in the community;
- and to afford networking opportunities for school psychology graduate students.