Largely a thesis opportunity, our beginnings coincided with the establishment of the College of Arts & Sciences in what had been a normal school begun in 1910. Despite a war-time hiatus from 1942-48, 31 theses were completed during these two decades, most in arts and sciences with a few in education. Some graduates became international scholars, and at least two returned to Kent for their faculty careers. Today, we have grown to a college with 1,500 undergraduate students from any major offered at Kent State who have chosen to enhance their educational experience.
- Ten professional staff members
- Approximately 1,500 students
- Approximately 150 faculty annually engaged through teaching, research, and mentorship
Freshman class profile (2016)
- Number of New Freshmen: 421
- Average ACT composite: 29
- Average High School GPA (unweighted): 3.85
- Male/Female Ratio: 33%/67%
- Honors students take 24-credit-hours of Honors work. Honors work includes completing Honors courses, independent study, research experiences, and study away.
- Honors students may earn graduation with University, General, or Departmental Honors via completion of a Senior Honors Thesis