The Honors College Living-Learning Community is specifically for students who have been admitted to the Honors College.

A diverse academic and social community, students are provided with the opportunity to live and learn together in an atmosphere dedicated to holistic learning. The community is designed to engage students out of the classroom in social and educational programs designed to promote intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and independence.

Students who participate in the Honors College Living-Learning Community, located in Stopher and Johnson Halls, along with Centennial Court B and Clark Hall will be exposed to opportunities unique to students who strive for academic success, participate in leadership opportunities along with other top students, develop friendships through common goals, courses, and conversation, and be exposed to faculty and staff to enhance their academic experience at Kent State University.

The Stopher-Johnson Complex is home to the the administrative offices of the Honors College. Students who live in the Honors College living-learning community have convenient access to the Honors College library and computer lab and classrooms where most of the Freshman Honors Colloquia are taught.

How to Apply for Honors College Housing

Students who have been admitted to the Honors College should list Stopher Hall, Johnson Hall, Centennial Court B, or Clark Hall as their preferred hall and choose the Honors College LLC as a preference on the University Housing application.  Centennial Court B and Clark Hall are ideal for those honors students who wish to reside with a non-honors student roommate. Clark Hall is attached to Eastway dining hall and is an all first year student community. 

Students are not guaranteed a housing assignment in the Honors College Living-Learning community and are encouraged to apply as early as possible. The earlier you apply for your residence hall, the more likely it is that you will receive an Honors College Living-Learning Community assignment.  Housing assignments are made by University Housing, and questions about housing applications and assignments should be directed to the University Housing staff.