2nd Annual 'Career Conversations' Schedule Announced
For the second year, the Honors College will be hosting Career Conversations - a series beneficial to all students who are exploring majors and also those who are looking to set themselves apart in their chosen industry!
During each session, Kent State University alumni will share information and advice about their career field in a casual Question & Answer setting. Career Conversations will allow Kent State students the opportunity to network with professionals, learn the tips and tricks of their chosen trade, and hear from those working in the current industry.
The Honors College is excited to host 40 Kent State University alumni this fall, packed into 13 different sessions in a wide variety of fields - business, education, health, fashion and more! Our panel this year is very diverse, ranging from recent grads and graduate school/medical students, to many individuals with decades of experience in their industry.
No registration is required to attend any session in the series. Light refreshments will be served. All students, faculty and staff are welcome to attend (not just honors students).
All students who attend 3 (or more) sessions will be entered to win one of FOUR total $100 BOOK SCHOLARSHIPS! An appointment with Career Exploration and Development may substitute for one Career Conversations session.
Q&A Sessions with Top KSU Alumni
All sessions take place at 4:00 p.m. in the Honors College Library of Stopher Hall on the dates listed below, and in the Career Conversations Fall 2019 Schedule (PDF).
Thursday, Oct. 3
Marketing and Communications
- Peter Baker, Creative Director, Audio-Technica
- Jennifer Trivelli, Senior Marketing & Communications Ofcer, Cleveland Foundation
Tuesday, Oct. 8
Early Childhood Education and Speech Pathology
- Cathy Ahrens, Preschool Teacher/Early Intervention Specialist, Stow-Munroe Falls City Schools
- Jenny Boyden, Early Intervention Specialist, Portage County DD
- Molly Schenker, Speech Language Pathologist and PhD Student, Kent State University
Thursday, Oct. 17
- Rae Burke, Art Therapist, UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
- Jennifer Finnerty, Vocational Rehabilitation Supervisor, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD)
- Skyla McGee, Clinical Counselor, The Centers for Families and Children
Tuesday, Oct. 22
Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Dale Leppo, Chairman, Leppo, Inc.
- Rodger Roeser, Owner/President, The Eisen Agency
- Jayni Sech, CEO, Marketing Solutions Unlimited, Inc.
Wednesday, Oct. 23
- Andy Baskin, Midday Host, 92.3 The Fan
- Shane Hoover, Staff Writer, Canton Repository
- Lindsay McCoy, Weekend Anchor, WFMJ
Thursday, Oct. 24
Visual Communication Design
- Shawn Beatty, Digital Front End Developer, Progressive Insurance
- Anthony Lindemann, Wealth and Investing UX Manager, PNC Bank
- Susan Hazel Rich, Owner and Illustrator, Hazelmade
Wednesday, Oct. 30
- Rabon Allen, Nurse Manager, UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
- Lisa Aurilio, Chief Operating Officer, Akron Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Karen Bankston, Professor and Leadership Consultant, University of Cincinnati
- Brian Rink, Director of Ambulatory Nursing, Cleveland Clinic
Tuesday, November 5
- Alexander Evans, Environmental Health Epidemiologist II, Franklin County Public Health
- Laurie Ann Moennich, Project Manager and Research Coordinator III, Cleveland Clinic
Thursday, Nov. 7
- Dr. Theresa Benyo, Analytical Physicist, NASA Glenn Research Center
- Colleen Cosgrove, Biologist and PhD Student, Kent State University
- Dr. Jessica Maisano, Paleontologist and Research Scientist, The University of Texas
Wednesday, Nov. 13
- Maggie Evans, High School Chemistry Teacher, Lake Ridge Academy
- Jennifer Fosnight, Middle School Teacher, Twinsburg City Schools
- Brian McCombs, High School Math Teacher, Kent City Schools
Thursday, Nov. 14
- Dr. Brad Gable, ER Physician, Riverside Methodist Hospital
- Isaac Korb, Medical Student, Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine
- Dr. James Whaley, Orthopedic Surgery Resident, Beaumont Health
Tuesday, Nov. 19
- Laura Cruz, Designer, Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Dominique Todd, Assistant Buyer, Catherines Stores Corporation
- Rachael Novak, Owner and Designer, Shore Society
Thursday, Nov. 21
- Leanne Andrysco, Project Manager and Architect, GPD Group
- John DiAntonio, Architectural Designer, DLR Group
- Tim Hunsicker, Assistant Director and Missionary Architect, ABWE
- Steven Olson, President, CESO, Inc.
Stephanie Moskal, email@example.com, (330) 672-2312