- Boon, B. (2009). Using the CREW method to enhance public and school library collections. Journal of Access Services, 6, 324-336. https://doi.org/10.1080/15367960902894179
- Boon, B. (1995). The CREW method: Expanded guidelines for collection evaluation and weeding for small and medium-sized public libraries. Austin, TX: Texas State Library & Archives Commission. Updated version (2012) https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ld/pubs/crew/index.html
- Soyka, H., Budden, A., Hutchison, V., Bloom, D., Duckles, J., Hodge, A., Mayernik, M., Poisot, T., Rauch, S., Steinhart, G., Wasser, L., Whitmire, A., Wright, S. (2017). Using peer review to support development of community resources for research data management. Journal of eScience Librarianship, 6(2). http://dx.doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2017.1114
- Hou, C. Y., Soyka, H., Hutchison, V., Budden, A. E. (2016). A community assessment tool for educational resources. In Proceedings from the American Geophysical Union Fall General Assembly. https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2016AGUFMED13F..08H/abstract
- Campana, K., Mills, J. E., Ghoting, S. N., & Nelson, J. (2016). Supercharge your storytimes: Using intentionality, interactivity, and community. Children & Libraries, 14(1), p. 36-37. https://doi.org/10.5860/cal.14n1.36
Digital humanities (DH) is a rapidly growing field—an area of scholarly activity at the intersection of digital technologies and the disciplines of the humanities.
- Deng, S. & Zhang, Y. (2015). Social questions & answers (SQA) users’ perception of library reference services: A content analysis. The Electronic Library, 33(3), 386-399. https://doi.org/10.1108/EL-12-2013-0213
- Zhang, Y. & Deng, S. (2014). Social Q&A versus library virtual reference: Evaluation and comparison from the users’ perspective. Information Research, 19(4), paper650. https://doi.org/10.1002/meet.14505001159
- Kloss, L. & Zhang, Y. (2003). An evaluative case study of a real-time online reference service. The Electronic Library, 21(6), 565-575. https://doi.org/10.1108/02640470310509126
Whole Person Services
- Harper, M., & Deskins, L. (2020, January). Building knowledge and understanding of how trauma affects children. School Library Connection. http://schoollibraryconnection.com/Home/Column/2232718?topicCenterId=1945913
- Harper, M. (2020, January). Trauma-informed school libraries. School Library Connection. http://schoollibraryconnection.com/Home/Display/2215489
- Harper, M. (2019). Fostering resilience, wellness and hope in the school library. In M. A. Mardis & D. Oberg (Eds), Social Justice and Cultural Competency: Essential Readings for School Librarians. The International Perspective (Volume 2). Santa Barbara, CA: Libraries Unlimited.
- Harper, M. (2016). Using literature to help students who hurt. Ohio Media Spectrum – Journal of the Ohio Educational Library Media Association (OELMA), 68(1), 45-57. http://oelma.org/docs/Ohio-Media-Spectrum-Fall-2016-Small.pdf