The Information Institution as a Workplace
Communication & Soft Skills
Employers at information institutions are increasingly looking for individuals with the relational or “soft skills" to successfully perform professional roles and goals such as outreach, collaboration, and project management. Research and practice in this area explores how these non-technical, interpersonal abilities are conceived, developed, measured, and promoted.
- Matteson, M. L., McShane, M., & Hankinson, E. (2019). Soft skills revealed: An examination of relational skills in librarianship. ACRL 2019 Proceedings, American Library Association, March 12, 2019. http://www.ala.org/acrl/conferences/acrl2019/papers
Emotional labor is the requirement to express or suppress specific emotions in order to be successful at your job.
- Matteson, M. L. (2017). A primer on emotions in the workplace. In S. S. Hines & M. L. Matteson (Eds.), Emotions in the library workplace, (Advances in Library Administration and Organization, Vol. 37) (pp. 1-14). Emerald.
- Matteson, M. L. (2017). Afterword. In S. S. Hines & M. L. Matteson (Eds.), Emotions in the library workplace, (Advances in Library Administration and Organization, Vol. 37) (pp. 231-236). Emerald.
- Matteson, M. L., Chittock, S., Mease, D. B. (2015). In their own words: Stories of emotional labor from the library workforce. Library Quarterly, 85(1), 85-105. https://doi.org/10.1086/679027
- Matteson, M. L. & Miller, S. S. (2014). What library managers should know about emotional labor. Public Library Quarterly, 33(2). https://doi.org/10.1080/01616846.2014.910720
- Matteson, M. L., & Miller, S. S. (2013). A study of emotional labor in librarianship. Library and Information Science Research, 35(1). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lisr.2012.07.005
Dr. Miriam MattesonMary Anne Nichols
- Matteson, M. L., & Hankinson, E. (2018). Getting off on the right foot: Psychological contracts, socialization theory and library student workers. Journal of Academic Librarianship, 44(4), 486-492. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acalib.2018.05.001
- Matteson, M. L., & Kennedy, S. (2016). The relationship between trait affect and job attitudes in library employees. Journal of Library Administration, 56(7), 810-822. https://doi.org/10.1080/01930826.2016.1179493
- Matteson, M. L., Musser, S., & Allen, E. (2015). From good to great managers: The case for a structured continuing education program in library management. Library Management, 36(1/2). https://doi.org/10.1108/LM-05-2014-0058
- Nichols, M.A. (2002). Merchandising library materials to young adults. Libraries Unlimited.
Senior Lecturer330-672-0029Teen Library Materials and Services, School-Age Library Materials and Services, Public Library Services, Marketing Library Services