The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Plus (LGBTQ+) Center is dedicated to providing the students, faculty and staff at Kent State University with education, training, support and resources that cater to the gender and sexual minority community and its allies.
The center is a welcoming environment to LGBTQ students and their allies. The informed staff strives to educate the campus community about sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure Kent State University remains a safe space for all students.
This year the Kent State University LGBTQ+ Center celebrates it’s 10-Year Anniversary! Our Anniversary celebration is launching on Valentine’s Day 2/14/21, and continues through the end of the year.
Watch for exciting updates and ways to get involved in our anniversary celebration. We’ll be showcasing students, alums, faculty and staff members that have made this anniversary possible, and we’ll ask folks to send memories and highlights on how you were involved in our LGBTQ+ history at KSU. As part of our celebration, the LGBTQ+ Center is striving to raise $10,000 for the LGBTQ+ Center Support Fund, which will help to ensure the longevity and expansion of services within our Center. We are proud of our work and accomplishments and hope that you are as well.
Donations to the LGBTQ+ Center Support Fund will:
- Provide on-site Mental Health Support for students in the form of groups and individual support
- Provide leadership development opportunity for students, including assisting for fees to attend national and state LGBTQ+ conferences
- Help us pay our student workers and interns. Our student interns help to keep the Center doors open when paid staff are in meetings, a critical role in ensuring available support for students in crisis.
- Purchase Rainbow Stoles for our LGBTQ+ graduates, so they can wear proudly wear these at commencement.
- Provide dinner at our annual Lavender Graduation event, where biological and ‘found-families’ celebrate our student graduates.
- Provide pizza and snacks for our Q’ommunity & QTPOC social group participants
- Provide art supplies
We invite you to join us as we us celebrate 10-Years of the LGBTQ+ Center, and 10 years of LOVE!
Email Ken Ditlevson, Director, LGBTQ+ Center with any questions.
Support Students in Need
The LGBTQ+ Center's emergency fund is available for students in need of additional funding for books, academic supplies, household items, housing, or food.