The Kent State LGBTQ+ Center supports an inclusive environment on all KSU campuses, advocates for all individuals and community groups based on sexual and gender identity, and promotes physical, mental and academic wellness.
The center is a welcoming environment to LGBTQ students and their allies. The informed staff strives to educate the campus community about sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure Kent State University remains a safe space for all students.
Save these dates!
1. Join the LGBTQ+ Center in the Homecoming Parade! Meet us on Midway Dr. (behind the Kent Student Center) between 9:30am-10:30am on Saturday, October 1st. Look for the Black Jeep Wrangler that will be decorated in Rainbows. Our assigned spot number is spot #23 on Midway.
Students who join us for the Homecoming Parade will receive a FREE Rainbow flag to keep as an incentive for marching with us! The parade starts promptly at 10:30am and will occur rain or shine.
The Parade will end at Bricco Kent, where we will host our LGBTQ+ Homecoming TailGAYte party from 11:30-1pm with FREE food! All are welcome!
2. Rainbow Run: October 7th 2022, 7pm, Risman Plaza in front of the Kent Student Center. Cost is $20 for students and $25 for non-students, with proceeds benefiting the LGBTQ+ Emergency Fund. To register please visit flashes.info/RainbowRun.
3. Virtual event “So your kid came out as LGBTQ+…What now?” November 29th, 6-7:30pm. Come listen to a panel of parents, students, and professionals discuss their experiences surrounding topics of coming out. Registration is required: tinyurl.com/2pumpy6u. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Emmett Drugan, MEd, LPC, CDCA, NCC, Navigate Counseling, KSU Alumni 2020
- Sandy Varndell, LSW, Founder and President, OutSupport, Inc, KSU Alumni 1984.
Questions? Email: LGBTQSC@kent.edu
Seeking volunteers to help with decorating the Main Street Bridge in downtown Kent, located on the corner of East Main Street and Franklin Avenue in anticipation of the second Kent Rainbow Weekend. One side of the bridge will be decorated in rainbow colors, and the other side of the bridge will be decorated in the trans Pride flag colors.
Support Students in Need
The LGBTQ+ Center's emergency fund is available for students in need of additional funding for books, academic supplies, household items, housing, or food.