Abstract Writing Resources
Get your work noticed!
Now that you have made a decision to participate in the Symposium, you will need to prepare and submit an abstract for consideration. An abstract is a paragraph that condenses a large research project into a structured summary description. The abstract should be written in such a way that it provides the reader with a clear picture of your work.
- Submit your abstract online by February 17, 2023. Abstracts written for Kent State’s Undergraduate Symposium on Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity will be evaluated based upon:
- Clarity (concise, clearly written)
- Content (accurate description of the research problem, methods, results, conclusions, and references)
- Organization (concise introduction to the research problem, methods, results, conclusions, and references)
To ensure that you submit the best abstract and poster presentation that you can, check out the resources listed below:
- Visit the Writing Commons on the 4th Floor of the Library, to get help preparing your abstract.
- How to write titles and abstracts for readers (see attachment below)
- How to write a good abstract for a scientific paper (see attachment below)
- Examples of Good and Not-So- Good Abstracts
- Creating Effective Poster Presentations