Kent State undergraduate students who are presenting the results of their research or creative work at a regional, national or international conference
or Kent State undergraduates who wish to attend a conference because of an interest in conducting research in the future may request financial support from the Office of Student Research.
- Student Presenters – maximum $500 award. Conference Attendees – maximum $250 award.
- Students must complete the Request for Undergraduate Research Travel Request Form and submit a faculty letter of support (see a sample letter).
- Students may receive the award once each year and must be in good standing with the university.
- Applications for the awards should be received no less than 14 days prior to travel.
- Students must document conference attendance.
- Students receiving awards are strongly encouraged to participate in the Undergraduate Symposium on Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity.
Funds are limited. For more information about the allocation of funds, see the Travel Funding Guidelines.