Kent State Events
McNair Scholars Program Now Accepting Applications
Are you an undergraduate student who would like to pursue a Master and/or Doctorate degree right after graduation? The McNair Scholars Program prepares first generation, low-income undergraduate students from underrepresented groups for doctoral studies.
Located in the Center for Undergraduate Excellence on Kent State’s campus, the McNair Scholars Program provides students with resources such as:
- Paid research opportunities
- Faculty mentorship
- Workshops to develop soft skills, networking, and more
- Graduate school application assistance
- Opportunities to engage and participate in research conferences
To be eligible, you must
- Have a 2.80 GPA and/or higher
- Must be a U.S citizen or permanent resident
- Must be a first-generation college student who meets income guidelines OR from an ethnic group underrepresented in a doctoral program (African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, Alaskan, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
Check out the article about the McNair Scholars Program by clicking here
If you meet the qualifications and would like to apply, please click here to learn how to apply. Any questions can be referred to email@example.com
Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) 2023 Program
June 5-July 28, 2023
The SURE program is an eight-week summer program which allows undergraduate students to participate in faculty-supervised research. The SURE program offers stipends for both full-time (40 hours/week) and part-time (20 hours/week) participants, as well as on-campus housing if it is needed. Help is available for finding a faculty mentor if students do not have one already. This program enables students to develop skills in critical thinking, research, communication, problem-solving, and more.
Non-Kent State Events
Undergraduate Research Week (URW)
April 17-21, 2023
National week dedicated to celebrating undergraduate research across the country. Follow along on social media using #URW2023 and check out its CUR page to learn more! Be prepared for some exciting events at Kent State University to happen as well!
Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) Events
CUR offers many events such as webinars, seminars, and conversations that are useful to students. Their list of events is updated regularly, and new events are consistently being added. Check out the CUR events mage for more information.