Communications & Change Management Implementation Charter
Ensure integrated and successful communications of the shared services initiative by providing communication and change management oversight and support.
The Governor’s Task Force on Affordability and Efficiency has challenged state universities to reduce costs while not affecting the quality of education. At Kent State, a shared services initiative is being implemented in four areas of operations, with a projected savings of $150,000 in FY19.
- Ensure integrated and successful communications of the shared services initiative by providing communication and change management oversight and support.
- Communicate the necessity to increase savings and efficiency across-the-board by eliminating duplicate services and centralizing specific operations, without a loss of jobs.
- Help foster a positive and collaborative climate for the organizations participating in the shared services initiative while concurrently outlining the pros and cons of the process.
- Identify target audiences for communications. This will include various “levels” of communications, from the top level of the organization down to those impacted by the changes.
- Identify basic message/theme of communications.
- Work with UCM to develop and implement communications plan for launch and continued messaging.
- Develop and help implement change management and training needs for each initiative.
- Identify a liaison from Comm./Change Mgmt. team for each of the four teams; to help them with communications and change management plans.
- Leader: Rebecca Murphy, Strategic Communications and External Affairs
- Leader: Renee Romine, Human Resources
- Tina Biasella, Regional Campuses (Stark)
- Lawrence Brown, UFM
- Jennifer Kulics, Student Affairs
- Dana Lawless-Andric, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Jennifer O’Connell, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Sonya Williams, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Rebecca Murphy, Senior Associate Vice President for Strategic Communications and External Affairs - firstname.lastname@example.org