Academic S.T.A.R.S. (Students Achieving and Reaching for Success) is a special opportunity for selected students to continue achieving academic excellence beyond high school and into college. Over this seven-week summer program, you will learn more about your culture as an African American, Latinx, Native American or Multi-Race identifying student while:
- Earning six free college credits
- Being part of a community with other students, professors and staff
- Building up your academic, personal, professional and social skills to help you in college
- Gaining a deeper sense of pride in your cultural identity
This program is completely free to students! The E. Timothy Moore Student Multicultural Center pays for:
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and Course materials
The 2024 Academic STARS Application will open in the new year!
The 2024 Academic STARS Program will take place during the summer, dates will be coming soon.
If you need any additional information or have any questions, please contact the Student Multicultural Center at (330) 672-3560 or via email at SMC@kent.edu
S.T.A.R.S Student Success Stories