Student Leadership Opportunities
Students have the opportunity to serve in two different capacities: K/T Mentor or K/T Navigator. Each position will allow for students to move-in on campus early, partake in leadership development training, gain a substantial amount of volunteer experience and serve in welcoming incoming first-year and transfer students to Kent State University.
Kupita/Transiciones (K/T) MENTORS
Serve as a mentor to first-year students for the entirety of the four-day orientation and throughout the school year. K/T mentors are awarded a scholarship as a part of their successful involvement in this program.
To become a K/T Mentor a student must:
Be a rising Junior or Senior (or successfully completed or enrolled in the Peer Leader Training Course).
Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Complete the K/T Mentor Application.
Attend the K/T Mentor Interview Session on Wednesday, March 20th or Thursday, March 21st.
Kupita/Transiciones (K/T) Navigators
Provide logistical support for the four-day orientation to ensure first-year student success for the duration of the program.
To become a K/T Navigator a student must:
Be a rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
Have at least a 2.5 term GPA.
Complete the K/T Navigator Application
K/T Student Leadership Timeline
The application process will open on Monday, January 14th and close on Friday, March 1st.
- K/T Mentor Interviews: March 19-20, 6:00PM - 8:00PM in the Kent Student Center
- Selection of Kupita/Transiciones Mentors & Navigators: Monday, April 1st
- SMC Leadership Institute Meeting: Monday, April 15th 1:00pm - 3:00pm or Thursday, April 18th 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- SMC Leadership Institute: August 12 - 14, 2019
- Kupita/Transiciones Orientation Program: August 15 - 18, 2019
If you have questions about the K/T leadership process please contact the Student Multicultural Center at (330) 672-3560.