Kupita/Transiciones Student Leadership Opportunities
Students have the opportunity to serve in two different capacities: K/T Mentor or K/T Navigator.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Short answer, ANY CURRENT KSU STUDENT
- Current KT student leaders (returning mentors and navigators who are interested still need to complete an application)
- Students from KT 2021, 2020, 2019 are welcome to apply but this is not a requirement to be a student leader
- Students who did NOT participate in K/T (student leaders do not have to be participants in KT to apply)
- Current PLTC students or those who are not in PLTC because PLTC is not a requirement
- Other student leaders: Resident Aides, Student Success Leaders, USG Board members, etc. (we work with all training schedules for other leadership roles to avoid conflicts)
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
- SMC Swag (we know y’all love the SMC sweatshirts!) 😉
- Access to resources; scholarships, SMC LLC Space, faculty and staff mentors
- Acceptance into the SMC Leadership Institute
- Build a community with other student leaders and SMC Staff
- Help welcome incoming first-year students into their KSU experience
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Start fall 2022 as a junior, senior or sophomores complete the PLTC course
- Complete the application
- 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Start fall 2022 as a sophomore, junior, senior
- Complete the application
Questions contact SMC@kent.edu
Serve as a mentor to first-year students for the entirety of the four-day orientation and throughout the school year. K/T mentors are awarded a stipend as a part of their successful involvement in this program.
To become a K/T Mentor a student must:
Be a rising Junior or Senior (or successfully completed or enrolled in the Peer Leader Training Course).
Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Complete the K/T Mentor Application.
Provide logistical support for the four-day orientation to ensure first-year student success for the duration of the program.
To become a K/T Navigator a student must:
Be a rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
Have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
Complete the K/T Navigator Application
K/T Student Leadership Timeline 2022
The application process opens Friday, October 1 and closes on Monday, Feburary 28.
- K/T Mentor Interviews: Virtual via video submissions
- Selection of Kupita/Transiciones Mentors and Navigators: Monday, April 4
- SMC Leadership Institute Meeting: Monday, April 18, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm or Thursday, April 21, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- SMC Leadership Institute Kick Off: Saturday, April 30 9:00am-3:00pm
- SMC Leadership Institute: August 14- 17, 2022
- Kupita/Transiciones Orientation Program: August 17- 21, 2022
If you need any additional information or have any questions, please contact the Student Multicultural Center at (330) 672-3560 or via e-mail at STUDENT_MULTICULTURAL_CENTER@kent.edu