Student Leadership Opportunities
Students have the opportunity to serve in two different capacities: K/T Mentor or K/T Navigator. Each position will allow for students to move-in on campus early, partake in leadership development training, gain a substantial amount of volunteer experience and serve in welcoming incoming first-year and transfer students to Kent State University.
Serve as a mentor to first-year students for the entirety of the four-day orientation and throughout the school year. K/T mentors are awarded a scholarship as a part of their successful involvement in this program.
To become a K/T Mentor a student must:
Be a rising Junior or Senior (or successfully completed or enrolled in the Peer Leader Training Course).
Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Complete the K/T Mentor Application.
Provide logistical support for the four-day orientation to ensure first-year student success for the duration of the program.
To become a K/T Navigator a student must:
Be a rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
Have at least a 2.5 term GPA.
Complete the K/T Navigator Application
K/T Student Leadership Timeline 2020
The application process opens Monday, January 21 and closes on Friday, February 28.
- K/T Mentor Interviews: March 18-19, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Kent Student Center
- Selection of Kupita/Transiciones Mentors and Navigators: Monday, March 30
- SMC Leadership Institute Meeting: Monday, April 15, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm or Thursday, April 18, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- SMC Leadership Institute: August 16 - 19, 2020
- Kupita/Transiciones Orientation Program: August 20 - 23, 2020
If you need any additional information or have any questions, please contact the Student Multicultural Center at (330) 672-3560 or via e-mail at STUDENT_MULTICULTURAL_CENTER@kent.edu