Careers in the Sociology Program
Career options in the Sociology Program
A Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology prepares students for employment in entry-level positions in a wide variety of settings. Listed below are examples of jobs that require some of the skills that an undergraduate education in sociology provides.
Social Science Research
Criminology and Justice Studies
Environment & Society
Tips and General Information:
- Internships, part-time jobs, summer jobs, and/or volunteer experiences are critical.
- To enhance graduate or professional school opportunities, maintain a high GPA, get to know your professors, join student or professional organizations, and pursue relevant experiences outside the classroom.
- For human or social service positions, gain experience with population of interest.
- Talk with professionals working in areas of interest.
- Contact the sociology undergraduate coordinator, Dr. Tiffany Taylor, to set up an appointment to discuss your courses, career goals, and plans or visit the following links for more information: