An annual notification will be sent to all students and employees. The notification will include:
- Standards of conduct that clearly prohibit, at a minimum, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees;
- A description of appropriate legal sanctions for violation of local, state, or federal laws for the unlawful possession or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol;
- A description of the health risks associated with the abuse of illicit drugs or alcohol use.
- A list of drug and alcohol programs (counseling, treatment, rehabilitation, and re-entry) that are available to employees or students;
- A clear statement that Kent State University will impose disciplinary sanctions on students and employees for violations of the standards of conduct and a description of those sanctions, up to and including expulsion or termination of employment and referral for prosecution.