The First-Year Experience Course begins during KSU Kickoff and continues through the fall semester. The course provides a foundational experience, which connects you with the university, your college, faculty, upper-division students and fellow classmates.
What Do Students Gain?
- Introduction to university goals
- Introduction to college and/or department
- Exploration of major and career areas of interest
- Exposure to curricular and co-curricular opportunities
- Ongoing support and guidance during the transition from high school to college
- Insight into academic expectations
- Opportunity to network with faculty, fellow classmates and upper-class students
- Knowledge of academic support services
- Awareness of involvement and leadership opportunities
- Introduction to research resources