The Flashes 101 course is designed to focus on students’ sense of belonging as they transition to Kent State University. Flashes 101 will normalize help-seeking behaviors by empowering students to communicate their needs and locate critical campus resources.
Flashes 101 Learning Objectives
- work together to describe elements of a mutually supportive community and apply these to the course.
- work together to communicate their needs and locate resources and individuals to help meet them.
- work together to recognize their collective strengths and use these to advocate for themselves and others.
- be able to describe how their individual identities contribute to the Kent State University community.
- create a personal plan to support their health and well-being.
Join our Flashes 101 Community
University College invites applications for Flashes 101 Instructor positions. The role of the Flashes 101 Instructor is to create a community of learners that facilitates a sense of belonging and supports student success.