- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Provost's Leadership Academy
The Provost's Leadership Academy provides incoming Kent State University students with a unique leadership experience on campus. The students will meet once per week during the fall and spring semesters to meet two goals. During the fall semester, the goal is for the students to understand their leadership style, each other, and the community through activities and programs, from which they will generate a list of possible areas of concern within the university community that could be addressed. During the spring semester, the goal is for students to explore and work to improve one of those areas of concern. Upon the conclusion of the semester, the students will present their final project to Todd Diacon, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs. All participants who successfully complete the program will receive a $300 book scholarship.
Developing leadership in talented first-year students.
Student leaders who become change agents in the university community.
- To enhance student's self efficacy and communication skills.
- To enrich the overall university experience of first year students.
- To complete a specific project that improves an area of the university community
- To develop valuable leadership skills by understanding self, team, and community.
- Have a 3.0—4.0 High School GPA
- Have a 2.75 Transfer GPA (Only applies to transfer students)
- 23 ACT composite score or SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1050 or higher
- Be an incoming Freshmen or Transfer with Freshmen status at Kent State University Fall 2017
- Have an interest in learning more about KSU
- Be a leader or want to become one
- Attend weekly meetings during Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters (historically on Monday evenings between 6:00-8:00 p.m.)
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA throughout the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, March 27, 2017 at 12 Noon
- Recommendation Letters Due: Monday, March 27, 2017 at 12 Noon
- Notification of Interview: Friday, March 31, 2017
- On Campus Interview: Friday, April 21, 2016 (2:00-6:00 p.m.)
- Final Decision Notification: Friday, May 5, 2017
Completing the Application
- Within your application, you will submit the contact information (email address) of one person who can complete a recommendation form for you. Recommendations should only be submitted by the link sent to the recommender on line. Recommendations can be from a teacher, employer, guidance counselor, coach, and supervisor or leader from a previous leadership experience. Parents and family members should not be used as recommenders for this position.
- Bring a copy of your current resume (be sure to include all of your extra-curricular activities) with you to the Interview Day.
Applications for the 2017-2018 Provost's Leadership Academy are now closed.