- To enhance student's self efficacy and communication skills.
- To enrich the overall university experience of first year students.
- To complete a specific project that improves an area of the university community
- To develop valuable leadership skills by understanding self, team, and community.
- Have a 3.0—4.0 High School GPA
- Have a 2.75 Transfer GPA (Only applies to transfer students)
- 23 ACT composite score or SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1050 or higher
- Be an incoming Freshmen or Transfer with Freshmen status at Kent State University Fall 2017
- Have an interest in learning more about KSU
- Be a leader or want to become one
- Attend weekly meetings during Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters (historically on Monday evenings between 6:00-8:00 p.m.)
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA throughout the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters