What is Flash Help?
Flash Help is a support service that allows students to ask for help when they need it! Students who are experiencing multiple concerns are welcome to submit more than one Flash Help request.
These concerns might include:
- Physical Health or Wellness
- Financial Concerns (not related to financial aid or billing)
Once a request has been received by the Office of Student Success Programs, it will be sent to the appropriate campus resource. Students will then be contacted by someone at Kent State University who can help them within 1-3 business days.
Flash Help can be found in Flashline:
- Log in to Flashline and navigate to your "Student Dashboard"
- Select “Student Resources”
- Select “Flash Help”
You can also submit a Flash Help request here:
Submit a Flash Help Request
FLASH HELP CAN BE SUBMITTED FROM THE 2ND WEEK OF THE SEMESTER THROUGH FINALS WEEK.
The Flash Help System is not an appropriate method of communication for concerns regarding a student's mental health or safety. If you are concerned about your immediate safety, please call 330-672-2487. For immediate help after 5:00 PM, text the Ohio Crisis Line: Text 4hope to 741741 or call 9-1-1.
If you are experiencing difficulties and you think you could benefit from consulting with a mental health professional, the following campus resources are available:
- The Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) Office , Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Van Campen Hall. For urgent concerns occurring after business hours, on university holidays, or during a period in which CAPS is closed, crisis resources can be accessed by calling CAPS at 330-672-2487 and selecting option 3 to speak with an after-hours clinician.
- The Counseling and Human Development Center through the College of Education, Health and Human Services in White Hall (330-672-2208)
- The Psychological Clinic through the Department of Psychology in Kent Hall (330-672-2372)