The Kent State University Women’s Center is here to support you, whether you’re a student, faculty member and staff member through advocacy and education about women, gender, and diversity. The Center offers resources that address matters of particular concern to you by providing education, information and referral programs and services.
Women's Center 25th Anniversary!
We invite you to join us "At the Table" in celebration of Kent State University Women's Centers 25th Anniversary. Inspired by Shirley Chisholm's quote "If they don't give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair" and Indigenous Poet Laureate Joy Harjo's poem "Perhaps the World Ends Here, " we are inspired to "reclaim" the table as a place of gathering and as a place of nourishment. The table is where communities gather, conversations transpire, healing happens and change begins. We are exited to have you join us as we gather across generations, identities and lived experiences to dig into important topics of equity, diversity oppression and hope. This 25 year celebration is about honoring our history and investing in our future and as a part of our 25 year anniversary we are striving to raise $25,000 to support the Women's Center as we continue to work toward a more equitable and inclusive environment for all. Every dollar makes a difference!
Donations to the Women's Center Fund will:
- Provide ongoing programming to challenge pay inequity like the AAUW Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshop.
- Educate and empower our women and other gender marginalized individuals to run for office through the support of our Elect Her program and other women in politics efforts.
- Provide scholarship for our Sage Project winners who have overcome numerous obstacles and challenges to achieve success at Kent State (and beyond!).
- Send our students to area conferences and support graduate student research on topics relating to gender equity.
- Provide meals for family friendly study hours.
- Bring speakers and programs to campus to educate and inspire our students.
- Provide free menstruation products to students in need.
Thank you so much for your continued support and generosity! To get involved and learn more, click on the 25th Anniversary link above. For any questions, please contact Cassie Pegg-Kirby, Director, Women's Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Students in Need!
The Women's Center's emergency fund is available for students in need of additional funding for books, academic supplies, household items, housing, or food.