AAUW Work Smart and Start Smart
Learn to successfully advocate for yourself — and help close the pay gap for women everywhere.
Registration for Fall 2023 Workshops coming soon.
Why Work Smart & Start Smart?
Learn how to research your target salary, highlight your accomplishments and find the right words — and the confidence — to negotiate for better benefits and pay. Sign up for a free, facilitator-guided workshop today!
Negotiating increases your potential to earn more — and can make the difference for paying off loans, supporting your family, buying what you want and need and saving for the future.
- One year out of college, women are already paid significantly less than men.
- The gap grows larger over time during a woman’s career.
- Women who work full time take home about 83 cents for every dollar a full-time male worker is paid.
- Unless things change, the pay gap will not close til 2106 — that’s why we’re empowering women nation-wide with salary negotiation skills — and working to change polices and employer culture.
Upcoming opportunities include:
- Thursday, October 12 @ 3pm at /Brinzo Lab (A123 BSA) (Undergraduate Students)
- Tuesday, October 24 @ Noon at the Williamson House (Faculty/Staff)
- Tuesday, October 24 @ 6pm on Zoom (Alumni and Regional Campus)
- Tuesday, October 31 @ Noon at the Library (Graduate and Professional Students)