Women's Center Scholarships
Women's Center Endowed Scholarship
Established in 2003, the Women's Center endowed scholarship fund provides $500 scholarships to two qualified Kent State University female identified undergraduate students. Since its inception, the Women’s Center Scholarship program has awarded over $11,000 to student scholarship recipients.
Application and Eligibility
The Women’s Center scholarship application deadline is May 1st.
- Applicant must be a female identifying sophomore, junior or senior enrolled at Kent State University as a full-time student during the award period
- Strong Academic Performance
- Demonstrated Contribution to social causes related to diversity and/or women's issues
- Active involvement in campus and/or community groups and organizations (including holding positions and/or coordinating responsibilities)
- Unique life circumstances/ challenges such as financial need or overcoming obstacles
Go to the Financial Aid Scholarship Search Website and type "Women" to search and apply for the Women's Center Scholarship.
Textbook Assistance Program
The Women's Center has funds available to assist students in purchasing necessary books for class. The funds are limited and are given out on a first come first serve basis. To apply for assistance, please complete the application.
Other textbook resources are available through the Kent State University Library.
Kent State University Student Financial Aid website provides many resources and services for university students.
Scholarships for Women lists scholarships for women and the application deadlines by month.
Many students today are raising children at home, are single mothers or pregnant mothers. There are many scholarships and grants available for pregnant mothers and mothers with children.
The Life Share Blood Drive collaborates with the University to sponsor several University Health Promotions Blood Drive Scholarships