ABOUT OUR OFFICE
The advising office for the College of Architecture and Environmental Design works with undergraduate students pursuing majors in Architectural Studies, Architecture, Construction Management, or Interior Design; or minors in Architectural History, Architectural Studies, Construction Management, or Historic Preservation. Our advising office serves as a resource, helping students achieve their academic goals while connecting with the greater Kent State community. Please explore the links to the left for more advising information such as advisors and the direct link to schedule an appointment. Our office phone number is 330-672-0922.
Please note: We are excited to return to holding in-person advising appointments. To support our student needs and preferences, we will also be holding remote advising appointments through Microsoft Teams.
Kent State University has professional academic advisors available for undergraduate students to meet with to discuss their academic progress and plan their pathway for graduation. Kent State requires all undergraduate students that are NOT up for Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 graduation to come in for a scheduled academic advising appointment. These required advising appointments (and any academic planning appointment) must be scheduled using the KSU Advising link..
- Scheduled required advising appointments are 30 minutes long, be sure to double-check the start time of your appointment.
- Be on time or your appointment may be canceled.
For your convenience, our office also offers other methods to get your non-mandatory advising related questions answered:
- Quick Question Advising Appointments:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday - 11AM-12PM
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - 2PM-3PM
- E-mail Advising: Students are also able to email their academic advisor with quick questions or concerns. E-mail advising should not be utilized for course planning, as the conversation that influences the advisor's course recommendations cannot be accommodated. For email advising, please find your advisor’s email address below. Include your name and student ID number and the specific question you have.
|Assistant Dean and Director of Academic Advising|
|Advises CAED undergraduate students with last names that begin with "A-F"|
|Advises CAED undergraduate students with last names that begin with "G-P"|
|Advises CAED undergraduate students with last names that begin with "Q-Z"|
CAED Graduate Student Advising Support
Advising appointments can be scheduled by
selecting "CAED Graduate Student Advising"
Advises CAED graduate students
** If you are a prospective or newly admitted graduate student,
please contact CAEDadmittedgrads@kent.edu
GRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICATION TIPS:
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH TIPS:
PETITION FOR STUDIO MAJOR ADMISSION: