ABOUT OUR OFFICE
The advising office for the College of Architecture and Environmental Design works with undergraduate students pursuing majors in Architectural Studies, Architecture, Construction Management, or Interior Design; or minors in Architectural History, Architectural Studies, Construction Management, or Historic Preservation. Our advising office serves as a resource; helping students achieve their academic goals while connecting with the greater Kent State community. Please explore the links to the left for more advising information such as advisors and the direct link to schedule an appointment. Our office phone number is 330-672-0922.
Please note: Due to the inability to meet in person, all CAED Advising Appointments are conducted over the phone or through Microsoft Teams at this time.
Kent State University requires all undergraduate students to meet with an academic advisor at least once a semester to discuss their academic progress and plan their pathway for graduation. These required advising appointments must be scheduled using the schedule advising appointment link. For Fall 2020, students will be using Microsoft Bookings to schedule Teams appointments with their academic advisor, as all CAED advising will be offered virtually to ensure adherence to the Flashes Safe Seven expectations.
- Scheduled required advising appointments are 30 minutes, double-check the start time of your appointment.
- Be on time or your appointment may be canceled.
For your convenience, our office also offers other methods to get your non-mandatory advising related questions answered:
- Quick Question Advising Appointments: Can be scheduled the day of your appointment.
- Email Advising: Students are also able to email their academic advisor with questions or concerns. Please find your advisor’s email address below.
Advisors may address single questions via email rather than an appointment. When emailing your advisor, always include the following:
- Include your name & student ID number
- Copy and paste the exact error message for any registration issues
- If the course is NOT in our college, we cannot authorize you for it. You must contact that department directly.
Provides advising support to all CAED majors.
Advises students with last names that begin with: "A-K"
Advises students with last names that begin with: “L-Z”
PETITION FOR STUDIO MAJOR ADMISSION