About Our Office
The advising office for the College of Architecture and Environmental Design works with undergraduate students pursuing majors in Architectural Studies, Architecture, Construction Management, or Interior Design; or minors in Architectural History, Architectural Studies, Construction Management, or Historic Preservation. Our advising office serves as a resource; helping students achieve their academic goals while connecting with the greater Kent State community. Please explore the links to the left for more advising information such as advisors and the direct link to schedule an appointment
Kent State University requires all undergraduate students to meet with an academic advisor at least once a semester to discuss their academic progress and plan their pathway for graduation. These Required Advising Appointments must be scheduled using the Schedule Advising Appointment link.
- Appointments are 30min, double-check the start time of your appointment.
- Be on time or your appointment may be canceled.
- Be sure to check-in with the front desk when you arrive for your appointment!
- If you are a new freshman, please complete your advising form before your appointment.
For your convenience, our office also offers other methods to get your non-mandatory advising related questions answered. Details are presented below:
Walk-In Appointments: For students with quick questions, our office offers walk-in appointments Monday-Friday from 3:00-4:00 PM.
Email Advising: Students are also able to email their academic advisor with questions or concerns. Please find your advisor’s email address below.
Advisors may address single questions via email rather than an appointment. When emailing your advisor, always include the following:
- Include your name, student ID
- Copy and paste the exact error message for any registration issues
- If the course is NOT in our college, we cannot authorize you for it. You must contact that department directly.
|Advises students with the last names that begin with: A-K,W–Z|
|Advises students with the last names that begin with: L–V|
Tutoring and Campus Resources
- Academic Success Center (Tutoring/Success Coaching/Supplemental Instruction)
- Student Accessibility Services
- University Libraries
- Writing Commons
Financial/Student Account Resources:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Top 10 Questions
- How do I view my GPS?
- How do I apply for Graduation?
- How do I update my catalog year/add a minor/change my major?