ABOUT OUR OFFICE
The advising office for the College of Architecture and Environmental Design works with undergraduate students pursuing majors in Architectural Studies, Architecture, Construction Management, or Interior Design; or minors in Architectural History, Architectural Studies, Construction Management, or Historic Preservation. Our advising office serves as a resource; helping students achieve their academic goals while connecting with the greater Kent State community. Please explore the links to the left for more advising information such as advisors and the direct link to schedule an appointment
Kent State University requires all undergraduate students to meet with an academic advisor at least once a semester to discuss their academic progress and plan their pathway for graduation. These required advising appointments must be scheduled using the schedule advising appointment link.
- Appointments are 30 minutes, double-check the start time of your appointment.
- Be on time or your appointment may be canceled.
- Be sure to check-in with the front desk when you arrive for your appointment.
For your convenience, our office also offers other methods to get your non-mandatory advising related questions answered:
- Walk-In Appointments: Alicia Boulton and Corey Piazza will regularly hold walk-in appointments between 3 - 4 p.m. Walk-in appointments will not fulfill your mandatory advising requirement. To ensure we are fully available for scheduled appointments, walk-in appointments will not be accepted outside of walk-in advising hours. If you have a question outside of walk-in advising, please email your assigned advisor.
- Email Advising: Students are also able to email their academic advisor with questions or concerns. Please find your advisor’s email address below.
- Career Advising: All prospective students, current students and alumni are welcome to meet with a Career Advisor specialized by industry. Career advising can cover anything from:
- Major or career exploration
- Resume, cover letter and portfolio reviews
- Job, internship, or graduate school search
- Mock interviews
- And more!
Advisors may address single questions via email rather than an appointment. When emailing your advisor, always include the following:
- Include your name & student ID number
- Copy and paste the exact error message for any registration issues
- If the course is NOT in our college, we cannot authorize you for it. You must contact that department directly.
Appointments are required one day in advance and quick questions are welcome through email.
|Director of Academic Advising & temporary advisor for students with last names that begin with "A-K"|
Temporarily out of the office
Advises students with last names that begin with: “L-Z”
Advises all students on career exploration and development
PETITION FOR STUDIO MAJOR ADMISSION