ABOUT OUR OFFICE
The advising office for the College of Architecture and Environmental Design works with undergraduate students pursuing majors in Architectural Studies, Architecture, Construction Management, or Interior Design; or minors in Architectural History, Architectural Studies, Construction Management, or Historic Preservation. Our advising office serves as a resource, helping students achieve their academic goals while connecting with the greater Kent State community. Please explore the links to the left for more advising information such as advisors and the direct link to schedule an appointment. Our office phone number is 330-672-0922.
Please note: Due to the inability to meet in person, all CAED advising appointments are conducted over the phone or through Microsoft Teams at this time.
Kent State University has professional academic advisors available for students to meet with to discuss their academic progress and plan their pathway for graduation. Kent State requires students to come in for a scheduled academic advising appointments if this is your first Spring semester as a student in the College of Architecture and Environmental Design or if your overall GPA is below a 2.00. These required advising appointments (and any academic planning appointment) must be scheduled using the CAED Required Advising link. For Spring 2021, students will be using Microsoft Bookings to schedule Teams appointments with their academic advisor, as all CAED advising will be offered virtually to ensure adherence to the Flashes Safe Eight expectations.
- Scheduled required advising appointments are 30 minutes long, be sure to double-check the start time of your appointment.
- Be on time or your appointment may be canceled.
For your convenience, our office also offers other methods to get your non-mandatory advising related questions answered:
- Quick Question Advising Appointments: Can be scheduled the day of your appointment using the CAED Quick Question Advising link.
- Email Advising: Students are also able to email their academic advisor with quick questions or concerns. Email advising should not be utilized for course planning, as the conversation that influences the advisor's course recommendations cannot be accommodated. For email advising, please find your advisor’s email address below.
Advisors may address single questions via email rather than an appointment. When emailing your advisor, always include the following:
- Include your name and student ID number and the specific question you have.
- If the question is in reference to an issue you are having with course registration:
- Copy and paste the exact error message for any registration issues
- If the course is NOT in our college, we cannot authorize you for it. You must contact that department directly.
|Assistant Dean and Director of Academic Advising|
|Advises CAED undergraduate students with last names that begin with "A-E"|
|Advises CAED undergraduate students with last names that begin with "F-P"|
|Advises CAED undergraduate students with last names that begin with "Q-Z"|
GRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICATION TIPS:
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH TIPS:
PETITION FOR STUDIO MAJOR ADMISSION: