Part-time / Full-time Employment Search
Steps in a Successful Employment Search
1. Know what you want
2. Polish tools & skills
- Update your resume and networking strategies
- Brush up on professional etiquette
- Practice answers to interviews questions
- International student employment search tips
3. Plan your search & STAY PRODUCTIVE
- Establish a timeline and system to keep track of your activities.
- Complete an internship and volunteer to gain networking contacts and experience.
- Join networking organizations and connect with KSU Alumni.
- Consider continuing your education or obtaining specialized training.
4. LOCATE POSITIONS
- Attend Internship, Co-op & Career Fairs on campus.
- HANDSHAKE: Apply to positions posted by employers targeting the KSU talent pool. On-campus student positions and graduate assistantships are posted by departments across all eight campuses. Register NOW and upload your resume!
- Visit our favorite employment search websites.
- If unable to locate full-time employment, utilize temp agencies to get your foot in the door for long-term opportunities.
5. CHECK APPLICATION STATUS
- Follow up in a couple weeks to ask: What is the status of my application, what is your timeline for filling the position and can I provide any additional information?