"FOCUS 2" Major & Career Info
- Create an account in Focus 2 to reveal your best career-fit and explore majors that connect you to your career
Match Majors to Careers
U.S. Department of Labor Websites
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Learn about occupations including responsibilities, salaries, education required, and employment outlook
- Career One Stop - Explore careers, salary and benefits, training required, and employment seeker services by state
- O*Net - Quick search tool for Ohio employment data and more
Get Help from a Career Expert
- Meet with a career advisor in our office for guidance.
- Use our career planning books, computers and printer.
Talk with faculty, family, and Professionals
- Find out what a career is really like by speaking to someone in the field. Review the informational interviewing questions to ask and the list of possible people in your network to speak with.
- Talk with your professors who have a wealth of knowledge about their career fields.
- Chat with family members about their work experiences and:
» How they selected their careers,
» What they find rewarding/challenging,
» What skills they utilize, and
» What their long-term goals are.
- Explore programs and degrees at Kent State University