FOCUS 2: Explore majors and how they translate to your career.
- FOCUS 2 will guide you through a reliable, intuitive career and education decision making model to help you select a major, explore occupations, make informed career decisions, and take action in your career development.
- Create an account in Focus 2 to reveal your best career-fit and explore majors that connect you to your career.
- Check out whatcanIdowiththismajor.com to see what careers can match your major.
U.S. Department of Labor Websites
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Learn about occupations including responsibilities, salaries, education required, and employment outlook
- Career One Stop - Explore careers, salary and benefits, training required, and employment seeker services by state
- O*Net - Quick search tool for Ohio employment data and more
Ohio's In-Demand Careers
- In-Demand Careers - Learn about growing fields in the state of Ohio
Talk with faculty, family, and Professionals
- Find out what a career is really like by speaking to someone in the field. Review the informational interviewing questions to ask and the list of possible people in your network to speak with.
- Talk with your professors who have a wealth of knowledge about their career fields.
- Chat with family members about their work experiences and:
- how they selected their careers
- what they find rewarding/challenging
- what skills they utilize
- what their long-term goals are