The Associate of Applied Science degree in Horticulture Technology prepares students for careers in landscape management, turf management, urban forestry, nursery and greenhouse operations and related horticultural professions. The program emphasizes practical experience through hands-on training in outdoor labs. Students are required to complete an internship.
The degree program articulates with Kent State's Bachelor of Applied Horticulture degree.
This Program is Right For You If
- You like working outdoors.
- You want to learn how to grow flowers, landscape plants, trees, fruits and vegetables
- You have interest in improving food systems.
This Program Will Teach You
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant characteristics, use, identification and taxonomy.
- Develop knowledge of the proper safety procedures and their application in the workplace.
- Develop proper business protocol and specific horticulture concentration applications in the work place.