The Bachelor of Applied Horticulture degree provides students with the academic background and learning environment to further their education beyond an associate degree. The program aids students in the development of managerial expertise in areas of landscape design, turf grass management and urban forestry, as well as landscape design, golf courses, sports turf management, arboriculture, environmental sustainability, plant propagation and greenhouse and nursery operations.
This Program is Right For You If
- You like working in the various outdoor seasons
- Are interested in the environment
- Are able to do manual labor
This Program Will Teach You
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant characteristics, use, identification, and taxonomy.
- Develop knowledge of the proper safety procedures and their application in the workplace.
- Develop proper business protocol and specific horticulture concentration applications in the work place.
- Interpret soil test results, analyze and determine the best corrective course of action.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pest identification, taxonomy, integrated pest management, and control strategies .