Commencement Ceremony Checklist
Congratulations on your achievement!
Graduation is held once a year for the Columbiana County Campuses. We welcome and encourage graduates from Summer 2018, Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 to participate in the May 2019 commencement ceremony.
Even if you are not planning on attending your commencement ceremony, review the graduation checklist and respond about your ceremony attendance through the online RSVP system. Attendance at a commencement ceremony does not guarantee that your degree has been granted. All degree requirements must be met and verified before diplomas are printed.
- Apply for Graduation with the online graduation application on FlashLine
- Confirm your personal information on FlashLine for diploma mailing and printing.
- The RSVP to participate in the Commencement ceremony has now ended
- Make arrangements for guests with special needs that will be attending by calling Danielle Baker-Rose at 330-337-4214
Caps and gowns can be viewed and purchased at the campus bookstore.
The bookstores will host a Graduation Fair:
East Liverpool Campus
March 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
March 20 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Pick up your guests' tickets. Salem Campus graduates will pick up tickets from the reception desk. East Liverpool Campus graduates will pick tickets up from Debbie Riggs in the Mary Patterson Building.
- Review ceremony dates and times and mark your calendar. Graduation will be Friday, May 10 at 6:30 p.m. and will be held at the Crestview Performing Arts Center in Columbiana, OH. Graduates need to arrive and report to the gymnasium at 5:45 p.m. and the ceremony starts at 6:30 p.m. Graduates will wear the traditional cap and gown, and caps should be placed or pinned so that they appear flat on top of the head. Acceptable attire for under your gown should be professional dress. Jeans, shorts and sneakers should not be worn. Typically, graduates wear dress pants, a shirt and tie or blouse, skirts or dresses.
- A reception with light refreshments for graduates and their family and friends will be held prior to the ceremony from 5- 6 p.m. Doors to the auditorium for seating will be open at 5:30 p.m.
- Diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address six to eight weeks after the commencement ceremony. You will not receive your actual diploma at Commencement. Please make sure your address is up to date on FlashLine. The name that will appear on your diploma is the name on your student academic record. This is the name that prints on your transcript, bill, schedule, etc.
- Join the Alumni Association
- Settle accounts with the Bursar's Office
- Complete Student Financial Aid exit loan counseling
- Still have questions? Contact Sarah Motts at 330-337-4202 or Shelly Lingenfelter at 330-382-7415