Commencement Ceremony Checklist
Congratulations on your achievement!
Graduation is held once a year for the Columbiana County Campuses. We welcome and encourage graduates from Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 to participate in the May 2021 commencement ceremony.
Even if you are not planning on attending your commencement ceremony, review the graduation checklist and respond about your ceremony attendance through the online RSVP system. Attendance at a commencement ceremony does not guarantee that your degree has been granted. All degree requirements must be met and verified before diplomas are printed.
- Apply for Graduation with the online graduation application on FlashLine.
- Confirm your personal information on FlashLine for diploma mailing and printing.
- RSVP to participate in the Commencement ceremony by April 20, 2021.
- Make arrangements for guests with special needs that will be attending by calling Danielle Baker-Rose at 330-337-4214.
- Caps and tassels can be received from the Kent Campus by RSVPing to the Kent Campus Ceremony via FlashLine. All students who RSVP YES or NO will receive the cap and tassel. A gown can be purchased separately through the East Liverpool or Salem Bookstore or purchased through a third party vendor. Gown must be plain black.
Alternatively, a bundle package of cap, tassel, and gown can be purchased through the East Liverpool or Salem Bookstore.
- Each graduate will be allowed 4 guests. Graduate and their guests must arrive together. Arrival time will be assigned closer to the ceremony date. Watch your @kent.edu email for further instructions.
- Review ceremony dates and times and mark your calendar. Graduation will be Friday, May 14 at 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. and will be held at the Columbiana County Fairgrounds in Lisbon, OH. Graduates will wear the traditional cap and gown, and caps should be placed or pinned so that they appear flat on top of the head. There are metal bleachers and a gravel track- please consider this when picking appropriate footwear and attire.
- Diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address six to eight weeks after the commencement ceremony. You will not receive your actual diploma at Commencement. The name that will appear on your diploma is the name on your student academic record. This is the name that prints on your transcript, bill, schedule, etc.
- Join the Alumni Association
- Settle accounts with the Bursar's Office
- Complete Student Financial Aid exit loan counseling
- Still have questions? Contact Sarah Motts at 330-337-4202 or Shelly Weekley at 330-382-7415