Students can travel nationally and internationally for cultural immersion and a better understanding of other health care systems.
The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota has been the site of previous trips and will continue to be offered for student travel experiences. While there, students are engaged with the Lakota people in home settings and within Indian Health Services, working in the hospitals and clinic settings. In addition, students have the opportunity for international travel:
EXAMPLES OF GLOBAL TRAVEL
- Ghana, Africa
- Vaughn, Canada -- Students work with a diverse population of immigrants from Southeast Asia, Europe and Africa
- Geneva Switzerland -- The World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nation (UN).
- Tanzania, Africa
- Nagoya and Ise City, Japan
EXAMPLE OF DOMESTIC TRAVEL
Annual trips to the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota, USA
Examples of Experiential Opportunities
- The Banquet of Salem
- Community Service with the Guatemalan Population of Salem
- The Poverty Simulation/workshop
- Health Clinics
- Community Gardens
- Simulation day
- American Cancer Society
- Blood Drives
- Relay for Life
PLEASE START PLANNING SOON!
Interested students contact Dr. Mary Lou Ferranto, firstname.lastname@example.org, about these opportunities.