Former Students

If you have taken classes at Kent State University in the past, you might not need to apply for admission.  Below is information regarding procedure for reenrollment and reinstatement.


If you are a former Kent State University student or graduate who has not attended another college or university since you were previously enrolled, you do not need to reapply.   

The Application for undergraduate reenrollment is for use by students who have previously attended Kent State University as an undergraduate student and would like to return as an undergraduate student.  Applicants who have been convicted of a criminal offense or have charges pending against them must also complete a Personal Explanation Statement.

Application for Undergraduate Reenrollment

Personal Explanation Statement



If you wish to be reinstated at Kent State University after being academically dismissed, you do not need to reapply for admission. Rather, application for reinstatement after the required period of time away from the university should be submitted to the dean of the college or Regional Campus that houses the major program the student wishes to enter.   (This is not necessarily the college from which the student was dismissed.) 

Read the university’s academic dismissal policy

Download a reinstatement application (PDF)