Earth Day 2017 Being Celebrated on East Liverpool Campus
Kent State East Liverpool is preparing for its annual Earth Day Environmental Justice Conference to be held April 22. Organizers are now accepting papers, posters and video presentations related to environmental justice issues from all students.
The event will run from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. in the Slak Shak, located in Purinton Hall.
Each participant submitting an essay, video or poster will be highlighted in the program if registered by April 7.
Register for our Earth Day Environmental Justice Conference
Those who register on time and present their work during the conference will earn a certificate. Each participant will also receive an Earth Day t-shirt and goodie bag while supplies last.
The day-long conference will feature guest speakers, student presentations and information focused on local environmental justice issues.
Questions about the conference can be emailed to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Admission to the conference is free and all students are encouraged to participate.
- Include a cover sheet with name, title and identifying information.
- One-page statements (minimum of 150 to 400 words)
- Full essays should be eight to 10 pages
- Must be self-standing, tri-fold (36 inches x 48 inches)
- Due the day of the conference, April 22
- Set up in the Slak Shak between 8-8:30 a.m. the day of the conference
- May also be mailed to Dr. Lydia Rose at 400 E. Fourth St., East Liverpool, Ohio
- Mailed posters must be received by 5 p.m., April 20
- Intent to submit a video is due April 7
- Should be five to 15 minutes long
Register Your Video by April 7
- Intent to submit a PowerPoint presentation is due April 7
- Presentations should be five to 15 slides