Business Advisory Board Meets on EL Campus
The Business Advisory Board for the Kent State East Liverpool and Salem campuses recently met and received updates from administration, faculty and students.
Dean Dr. Steve Nameth welcomed the members and thanked them for sharing their expertise with the campuses, while Tim McFadden, program director for Applied Business Technologies, gave updates on the majors within the business program.
Validating the quality of education on the Columbiana County campuses, three current business students attended the meeting and helped solicit advice from the business professionals about entering the job market. Students Gene Beadnell, Nicole Brown and Gretchen Grove, along with Dr. Ed Villella, associate professor of business management technology, asked the professionals for advice about résumés, interviews, degrees and work ethics.
The meeting was videotaped by Shawn Golden, assistant professor of computer technology, who will edit the recording and produce a video that can be used in future management technology seminar classes.
The Business Advisory Board community members include:
- Todd Alexander, Newbold Technologies
- Steve Beadnell, First National Community Bank
- Joe Cappuzzello, Group Family Travel
- Mike Chronister, Hill International
- Lucian Clewell, Haltec Corp.
- Doug Comm, Hancock County Savings Bank
- Brad Devine, Giant Eagle
- Marie Ellis, Copeland Oaks
- Dale Keeler, VacuForm Inc.
- Larry Kosiba, SAIDC/SOD Center
- Frank Mader, East Liverpool City Hospital
- Gerri McGonagle, Essex of Salem
- Paul Painter, Magneco/Metrel
- Eloise Traina, Family Recovery Center
- Raymond Wayne, Heritage Thermal Services
Tina Smith, 330-337-4247, firstname.lastname@example.org