Earth Day 2018 Being Celebrated on East Liverpool Campus
Kent State University at East Liverpool is preparing for its 13th annual Earth Day Environmental Justice Conference to be held April 21. Organizers are now accepting papers, posters and video presentations related to environmental justice issues from all students.
The event will run from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. in the Slak Shak, located in Purinton Hall.
Each participant submitting an essay, video or poster will be highlighted in the program if registered by April 14.
Those who register on time and present their work during the conference will earn a certificate. Each participant will also receive an Earth Day t-shirt and goodie bag while supplies last.
The day-long conference will feature guest speakers, student presentations and information focused on local environmental issues.
Admission to the conference is free and all students are encouraged to participate.
- Include a cover sheet with name, title and identifying information.
- One-page statements (minimum of 150 to 400 words)
- Full essays should be up to ten pages
- Digital format are encouraged to submit online
- If you prefer, self-standing, tri-fold (36 inches x 48 inches) poster can also be accepted: you can bring it in or mail to: Dr. Q. Ding at 400 E. Fourth St., East Liverpool, Ohio 43920
- Mailed posters must be received by 5 p.m., April 20
- Intent to submit a video is due April 14
- Should be 5 to 15 minutes long
- Intent to submit a PowerPoint presentation is due April 14
- Presentations should be five to fifteen slides