Sheri Tilton, BGS, RT (R), RDMS, RVT
My initial training in medical imaging started when becoming a registered technologist in radiography. After becoming an RT (R), I immediately pursued a career as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer. I received my medical imaging certificates from Aultman Hospital’s School of Radiologic Technology and School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. I still currently am a registered radiographer.
I am registered as a general Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) with specialties in Abdomen, OB/Gyn and Breast. I am also a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT). After working as a full time staff sonographer for 14 years, Kent State offered me the opportunity to begin teaching full time in 2003. I still hold a PRN position at Aultman Hospital in Canton, Ohio. I graduated from Kent State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in General Studies in 2011.
I currently teach the clinical classes in the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program along with Patient Management in DMS. As clinical coordinator, I am responsible for scheduling campus labs and clinical placement for the students.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Cultural Diversity in Medical Imaging, Continuing Education Seminar for Radiologic Technologists-Kent State University, Salem, Ohio 2010
- Interesting Case Presentations, Northeastern Ohio Ultrasound Society (NEOUS), Cleveland, Ohio, November 2008
- Ultrasound Update: What’s New in Sonography, Ohio Radiologic Nurses Association Annual Seminar, Akron, Ohio April 2006
- Interesting Case Presentations, Northeastern Ohio Ultrasound Society (NEOUS), Cleveland, Ohio, April 2001
- Interesting Case Presentations, Northeastern Ohio Ultrasound Society (NEOUS), Cleveland, Ohio, April 1995
- Marfan’s Syndrome, Ohio Society of Radiologic Technologists (OSRT) Annual Convention, Dayton, Ohio 1988
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (SDMS), (2003 - present)