Job Search Resources
Information about the degree requirements of the undergraduate and graduate programs in Earth Sciences at Kent State University are also available through the Kent State University Department of Earth Sciences. Please feel free to talk with an undergraduate advisor in Earth Sciences or any of the Department of Earth Sciences faculty for more information.
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- American Geosciences Institute (AGI)
- Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists (AEG)
- Geological Society of America (GSA)
- National Association of State Boards of Geology
The following websites discuss career activities and the job placement and salary outlook for many subfields of Earth Sciences:
- American Geosciences Institute - Careers in Geosciences
- Geological Society of America - Professional Development
- American Geophysical Union Careers Center
- Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists Careers
Many of these Oceanography listings will require advanced degrees, but this will provide you with a feel for the types of possibilities if you decide on this area for your career.
- Sea Grant Marinecareers.net
- American Geophysical Union- Careers in Science
- Stanford University Listing of links to Marine Science Jobs
- The Oceanography Society
- Job links at the Dalhousie University Department of Oceanography
- Job Links at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric administration website
Careers in oceanography usually require an advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.). A Bachelor's degree in science or math is considered an important qualification for embarking on graduate study in oceanography. Students doing graduate work in oceanography typically have undergraduate degrees in either biology, chemistry, geology, physics, mathematics or engineering.
Many of these listings will require advanced degrees, but this will provide you with a feel for possibilities if you decide on this area for your career.
- Physicaloxy.com (academic vacancies for professors, lecturers, researchers and academic managers in schools of physical and earth sciences worldwide)
- USAJobs.gov (Federal Government Jobs)
- State of Ohio Jobs Search
- GSA Careers Resources
- AAPG Jobs Search
- AAPG EXPLORER Classifieds
- Geology Shop