Who hires earth scientists?
Endowed Cooperative Department-Industry Internship Program
The Department of Earth Sciences plays an active role in placing its graduates by providing them with a top-notch education, placement in internships, resume preparation, providing material on job interview techniques, securing job leads, and facilitating the contact between graduates and prospective employers. Program graduates have entered all major employment areas for earth scientists and the placement picture has been extremely good. Those who have elected not to enter graduate schools have joined engineering testing firms, environmental consulting companies, geochemical laboratories, and groundwater consulting firms.
Check out our Alumni News website to find out some of the exciting work that our alumni conduct!
External websites with job listings in Geology, Earth Sciences, Oceanography and Environmental Sciences
Who hires our students and alumni?
- Consulting Firms
- State and Federal EPA
- State Geological Surveys and the United States Geological Survey
- Engineering Firms
- City Planning Offices
- Environmental Firms
- Petroleum Companies
- Mining Companies
- Secondary Schools, Junior High Schools, and Middle Schools
- State and Federal Highway Departments
- Government agencies such as NOAA, Department of the Interior, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management
- Publishers and producers of science books, magazines, computer software, web materials, and television shows
- Legal Firms
Full-time employers in Ohio and other states where Earth Sciences degree recipients who have graduated since 1980 have found employment:
- Amerada Hess Petroleum Co.
- Applied Waste Water Technology
- Atwood Resources, Inc.
- BBC & M Engineering, Inc.
- Camp Dresser & McKee
- Chicago Aerial survey, Inc.
- Dawson Geophysical Co.
- Eckenfelder, Inc.
- EDP Consultants, Inc.
- Exploration Logging U.S.A.
- Gannett Fleming Geotechnical Engineers
- Geoquest Exploration, Inc.
- Geosearch Logging, Inc.
- Gilbert Petroleum Co.
- Golder Associates, Inc.
- Ground Water Associates, Inc.
- Groundwater Technology, Inc.
- IEP Consulting Environmental Scientists
- Kucera International, Inc.
- M.P. Brown & Associates
- Melick Tully & Associates
- Michael Baker Jr., Engineers
- N.L. Baroid Co.
- National Park Service
- New Jersey Environmental Protection Agency
- North American Exploration, Inc.
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Ohio Geological Survey
- Occidental Petroleum Inc.
- Park-Ohio Energy
- Parsons Engineering Science, Inc.
- Petrosec Exploration, Inc.
- Phillips Petroleum Co.
- PM Environmental, Inc.
- Reserve Exploration Co.
- San Diego County Department of Environmental Studies
- SAS Environmental, Inc.
- Science Applications International Corp.
- SECOR International, Inc.
- Touchstone Resources, Inc.
- Trumbull County Planning Commission
- U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Universal Engineering Testing Company