Step 1. Meet with an ISSS advisor to discuss your interest in CPT
Step 2. Click on the button below to submit your CPT request. You will need to include:
- Your academic advisor's name and email
- Copy of your offer letter on official company letterhead that MUST have the following information:
- address of where you will be working
- number of hours per week you will be working
- start date
- end date
- brief description of your duties
Step 3. Once you submit your request, your academic advisor will receive an email to complete the "CPT Advisor Recommendation"
Step 4. Once the CPT Advisor Recommendation has been submitted, you will receive an email indicating the outcome of your request within 10 business days.
Step 5. If you have been approved, you MUST pick up your new I-20 authorizing you for CPT. The CPT authorization will appear on the top of page 2.
Step 6. Check that your CPT information on page 2 of your I-20 is correct.