Credit Transfer Process

The credit transfer process can take 2-4 months, so please be patient during this process.

Upon receipt of your international transcript, the Office of Global Education will process your transcript and your academic approval form, the Study Abroad Pre-Approval Form (SAPAF) (PDF).  These documents are sent to your academic department for final review.  From there they are sent to the Registrar to get posted to your Kent record.

It is critical that you correctly fill out your academic approval form (SAPAF); failure to have a properly completed form will cause delays and issues with the credit transfer process.

It is possible to make edits to your SAPAF while abroad if you wind up taking a class that was not on your originally approved form.  You must contact your Education Abroad Advisor and academic department via email to get electronic approval and confirmation for the class(es).  Do not wait until you return to get approval for classes.  While it is possible to get classes approved upon return by filling out another SAPAF, there is no guarantee that those classes will be approved to transfer back.

Ultimately, it is up to you, the student, to make sure the transfer process was completed and all paperwork was filled out properly.