All undergraduate students are required to live on campus, unless they meet the conditions for Off-Campus Housing.
In order to live on campus, you must complete the housing application.
- Visit the Residence Services website here: www.kent.edu/housing
- Click on “Online Housing Application (New Residents)” on the left-hand side.
If you answer YES to ANY of the questions below, you may choose to live off-campus:
- Are you at least 20 years old?
- Are you at least a junior (do you have at least 60 credit hours)?
- Are you married?
- You are responsible for finding and securing off-campus housing.
- You are responsible for understanding the terms of your lease and/or any agreements you make. If you wish to talk with an attorney regarding a lease or agreement, you can contact Student Legal Services at email@example.com. We do not recommend signing any agreements until you have arrived to Kent, Ohio.
- Kent State University and the Office of Global Education do not endorse any specific apartment complex or landlord.
- Here are a few resources to help you get started:
If you arrive in Kent before you can move in to your residence hall, you may be eligible to apply for temporary housing at the university. Temporary housing begins August 1st and costs $35/day. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org,