On-Campus Housing

All students are required to live on campus, unless they meet the conditions for Off-Campus Housing.

In order to live on campus, you must complete the housing application.

  • Visit the Residence Services website here: www.kent.edu/housing
  • Click on “Online Housing Application (New Residents)” on the left-hand side.

Off-Campus Housing

If you answer YES to ANY of the questions below, you may choose to live off-campus:

  1. Are you at least 20 years old?
  2. Are you at least a junior (do you have at least 60 credit hours)?
  3. Are you married?
  • Kent State University nor the Office of Global Education endorse any specific apartment complex or landlord. You are responsible for finding and securing off-campus housing. You are also responsible for understanding the terms of your lease and/or any agreements you make.
  • However, here are a few resources to help you:

Temporary Housing

If you arrive in Kent before you can move in to your dorm room or apartment, you may apply for temporary housing at the university. Temporary housing begins August 1st and costs $35/day. Please contact housing@kent.edu