Get Experience A
Help Yourself With Paid Opportunities
Help Others - You Still Gain Valuable Experience
- Register for Freshman Day of Service
- Consider Registering for an FYE class associated with service
- Apply to be a Student Service Leader
- Participate in an Alternative Spring Break
- Consider joining a student service organization
- Register for and participate in the International Service/Engagement Trip to Guatemala
Discover all of these activities by visiting the Office of Experiential Education and Civic Engagement website.
While being busy can be a good thing, don't over commit. Fall is such a fantastic time on campus, especially with the many events. Remember, though, you don't have to do everything your first semester! You have four years to try a variety of new activities. And right now, to be the student you need to be, you still need to build time into your schedule to sleep, study, eat healthy and exercise (even if it's just walking to class).
Find the right balance between adventure, your new freedom and remaining successful academically. The Success Coaching program can help.