Faculty Staff Group Exercise
Student Recreation and Wellness Center Faculty/Staff Group Exercise
The Division of Human Resources, in collaboration with Recreational Services, is pleased to offer the following sessions. A Student Recreation and Wellness Center membership is not required to attend and there is no cost to Kent State University employees. Pre-registration is required. Visit the Employee Wellness events calendar to register.
In response to the Student Recreation and Wellness Center facilities closing due to COVID-19, they have researched and developed some recreational opportunities (links, videos, etc.) to help you remain active. Thank you for your patience and we hope you find these activities beneficial.
Join SRWC Instructors, each Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday For Fall 2020 Semester for "Live" Zoom fitness classes. For information and to register, please click here to see the Employee Wellness Calendar of Events
- Mondays - Total Body Toning *VIRTUAL* (12:15—1:00 pm) The workout will focus on body weight exercises, so no equipment is required, and all fitness levels are welcome. All you need is comfortable clothing (shoes optional) and a bottle of water. You may also choose to utilize a couch/chair, throw pillow and a towel, but these items are optional.
- Tuesdays - Rejuvenate yourself with Lunchtime Yoga *VIRTUAL* (12:15 - 1:00 pm) This class will focus on awareness of breath and the connection between breath and movement. We will awaken the mind and energize the body while learning alignment. The class will begin and end with relaxation. This practice is open-minded and free of judgment. Requests are always welcome!
- Wednesdays - Total Body Toning *VIRTUAL* (12:15 - 1:00 pm) The workout will focus on body weight exercises, so no equipment is required, and all fitness levels are welcome. All you need is comfortable clothing (shoes optional) and a bottle of water. You may also choose to utilize a couch/chair, throw pillow and a towel, but these items are optional.
- Thursday - Cardio Kickboxing *VIRTUAL* (12:15 - 1:00 pm) Kick-start your body and increase your cardiovascular and muscular endurance with this martial arts-based class. Cardio kickboxing combines martial arts techniques with fast-paced cardio. This high-energy and fun workout builds stamina, improves coordination and flexibility, and burns calories as you build lean muscle. Easily modifiable for anyone; all levels of fitness are welcome!
- *TEMPORARILY DISCONTINUED* The Student Recreation and Wellness Center also offers FREE FRIDAYS for all Kent State faculty and staff. Faculty and staff can enjoy all the amenities of the SRWC, including free access to group X Classes on Free Fridays. A valid FLASHcard is required for entry. You do not need to register to participate in Free Fridays.