Spring 2019 LGBTQ Student Center Interns
- Aaron is an intern at the Kent State LGBTQ Student Center. They're currently studying public health, and they work as an SI leader for chemistry and biology during the fall and spring semesters.
- A first-year graduate student in the Higher Education Master’s program at Kent State University. She is a graduate assistant in the Office of Student Success Programs working directly with Destination Kent State and KSU Kickoff. She obtained a Bachelors of Business Administration from Kent State in May 2016 where she studied Entrepreneurship, Marketing, and Sales. For three years, she owned and operated an event planning company and planned around 60 weddings and events. In her free time she enjoys planning her own wedding and spending time with family and friends. She has a border collie/wiener dog mix, Delilah.
- Bella is a senior Fashion Merchandising student with a minor in Fashion Media from Cincinnati, Ohio. In their free time they enjoy collecting vinyl records, reading and hiking. Their favorite spot to hang out at in Kent is Scribbles Coffee. After graduation, they plan to pursue a career in LGBTQ+ fashion.
- An Exploratory Freshman with a concentration in Media Production or Communications, specifically in the field of Journalism and a potential minor in Pan-African studies or Creative Writing. Cameron uses the pronouns He, Him and His and identifies as Gay. Cameron is still discovering the spectrum of the LGBTQ+ community but is still very passionate about equality and education for potential allies. His hobbies include: desperately trying to catch up on Shameless on Netflix and giving advice that he never abides to. Back at home Cameron has a small tabby cat named Penelope. And is planning to complete all four years and graduate in 2022.
- Emma is a first-year Master's student in the Higher Education and Student Personnel program at Kent State University. Along with interning at the LGBTQ+ Student Center, she is also a graduate assistant at Kent State's Center for Student Involvement. She identifies as lesbian, and is excited to have the opportunity to intern in the LGBTQ+ Student Center this spring semester. In her spare time, Emma enjoys traveling, writing, reading, hiking, and playing rugby. She has explored eight national parks and has traveled to Europe three times in the last three years.
- Erick is a first-year Visual Communication Design major with a minor in Marketing from Chicago, Illinois. Outside of being an intern here, Erick is a student success leader for the College of Communication and Information and a panelist for Confessions of a Golden Flash. In his free time, he enjoys drawing, painting, and spending time with his closest friends and family. Erick hopes to develop stronger communications and interpersonal skills through this internship.
- A senior majoring in Political Science and minoring in African Studies. She enjoys hiking, figure skating, tattoos, and pretzel buns. When she's not on campus with friends she's at home spending time with her niece, Alexis. Her favorite places are greenhouses, Stownut, and Raising Cane's.
- Kayla Cagwin is a Master’s student in the Sociology department. They are currently working on a thesis investigating consent as practiced, maintained, and enforced within the marginalized BDSM community. Kayla is non-binary and identifies as queer, polyamorous, and a pan gray-ace. They are passionate about general social justice and equality, but specifically as it pertains to consent, sexual assault awareness, racial justice, and LGBTQ+ advocacy and awareness. In their spare time they enjoy attending concerts, experiencing art of all kinds, watching movies, playing video games, being in nature, drinking coffee/tea, and spending time with their three cats. As an intern Kayla hopes to gain experience working with students and staff while helping the Center and the LGBTQ+ community.
- Marcus is a first-year student as a Visual Communication Design Major and Spanish Minor. He plans on designing concert posters and album artwork for musicians with his degree, as well as studying abroad as an undergrad. Marcus is a cis-gender Hispanic male who identifies as gay. He currently holds the Secretary position of Alpha Psi Lambda. Marcus has interest in diversity, traveling globally, LGBTQ+ advocacy, and language learning. If not located in the Center or in class, you will most likely see Marcus playing video games, discovering new music, language learning, enjoying a bite to eat, or spending quality time with friends.
- Currently a student in high school at Bio-Med Science Academy. Shawn is hoping to go to Kent State for Fashion Merchandising. Some things he likes to do in his free time are watch fashion shows, go out on photo shoots with my friends, and write poetry.
- Trenaé is a second-year Entrepreneurship major and Spanish Minor. She likes dancing and spending time with friends. Trenaé is a part of The Golden Reflections Dance Team, S.A.L.S.A (Spanish and Latino Student Association) and an active member within the Student Multicultural Center.