CAMPUS SAFETY ALERT - Oct. 28 - Centennial Court BurglaryPosted Oct. 28, 2013
Kent State Police are searching for a man suspected in a burglary at Centennial Court F around 2:45 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 27. The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 20 years old, medium height with a scruffy beard. He was wearing a grey sweatshirt, jeans, and earrings. Anyone with information should contact Kent State University Police at 672-3070.
Students living in university housing are encouraged to contact Kent State University Police any time they see someone in personal areas without permission.
Cooperation and engagement of all students, faculty and staff in our campus safety program is our best defense against crime. We encourage all members of our campus community to take simple, common sense precautions as a way to assume responsibility for their own safety. Please consider these tips:
- Find safety in numbers, practice walking with a companion or in groups at night;
- Keep the doors of residences, offices and automobiles locked;
- Mark your valuables with a personal identification number in case of loss or theft;
- Have your keys ready when walking across parking lots and watch for any suspicious person or activities;
- Never leave your keys unattended in the car ignition; and
- Lock all valuables such as mobile devices, laptops, cameras, book bags, briefcases and textbooks in the trunk.