Research and Grants
The Research Center for Educational Technology (RCET) was founded in 1999 to study the potential of technology to improve teaching and learning. The overall mission of RCET is to serve as the University and College’s flagship center for research, policy, and practice related to cutting-edge technologies in teaching and learning.
Such technologies have included 3D, mobile learning, online & blended learning, games & simulations, and virtual reality. RCET researchers explore the use and impact of these technologies while providing research, practice, and policy guidelines in 3 major settings: a) PREK-12 Classroom/Content Integration; b) Teacher Professional Development; and c) learning in out-of-school/informal settings (e.g. Medicine, Public Parks, Government, Military, etc.).
Some of our projects include:
- Extended Reality Initiative (XRi) at Kent State
- The May 4th Augmented Reality Experience
- Making Meaning of May 4 NEH Landmarks of History Workshops
- ParkApps NE Ohio
- Mixed Reality Virtual Humans for Training
- eWriters for Math and Early Literacy