Eligibility and Application
To be eligible for the Academic S.T.A.R.S. program, a newly admitted student must:
- Be accepted to the Kent Campus.
- Have a serious commitment about academic achievement and community building.
- Be able to stay on-campus the entire duration of the program.
To be considered for the program applicants must:
- Meet the requirements listed above
- Complete the application before the deadline
Please remember to submit the following items via email to Student_Multicultural_Center@kent.edu
- Academic Transcripts from high school (and any college courses if applicable)
- 3 letters of recommendation which can be from any of the following individuals as long as they are not related to the student:
- Community members
Letters of recommendation should speak to student's
- Academic ability
- Community building skills
- Understanding of cultural appreciation and identity
- Short-term and long-term goal planning
- Leadership background
- Realistic self-appraisal
- Positive self-concept or confidence