Eligibility and Application
Who's Eligible for Academic S.T.A.R.S?
Incoming first-year students who are:
- Accepted to the Kent Campus
- Commited to academic achievement and community building
- Able to stay on-campus the entire duration of the program
How do I apply?
If you meet the eligibility requirements listed above, you should have received an email to apply- just complete the form.
If you did not receive an email and you meet the eligibility, please contact the SMC at email@example.com
If you already submitted your initial application, here are the NEXT STEPS.
1. Academic STARS Pre-Survey: https://kent.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8rgdYRKIgIPUG2y
2. Writing Sample – Please send your writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Writing Sample Instructions
- Formal essay - approximately 4 pages typed using any format (APA or MLA). This can be from a previous course you have taken.
- All work must be your own. Any plagiarism is unacceptable and will result in automatic expulsion as a candidate for the Academic STARS Program.
3. Video Submission using Flipgrid – Please submit a 2-3 minute video describing a time you overcame a challenge.
- Flipgrid Submission Link: https://flip.com/7409e919
- More instructions can be found in the submission link