Welcome Weekend Page Content
Welcome Weekend is a weekend packed full of free activities and events designed to help familiarize you with the Kent State University community, make new friends, aid in academic success and meet different faculty and staff from around campus. Some events are required to ensure you start the semester off successfully, while other events are optional based on your interests and needs. Welcome Weekend ends with Blastoff, one of Kent State's best traditions that you will not want to miss!
What do students gain from WW?
- Further transitions students into the university environment
- Students will learn critical information that can be applied "just-in-time" for classes to start
- Social activities where you can meet new friends
- Pride in being a Kent State student
- Explore the Kent State Community
- College-specific programming that include time for college open houses meetings