University Diversity Action Council (UDAC)
The Role and Mission of the University Diversity Action Council (UDAC)
- Provide advice to the Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) on diversity matters.
- Serve as a leadership council for university-wide diversity related matters.
- Collect relevant data and communicate diversity progress from colleges and divisions.
- Ensure that the diversity initiatives of colleges and divisions translate the university-wide strategic diversity action plan.
- Serve as an advocate for the diversity agenda at Kent State University.
- Attend a monthly meeting or arrange for an alternate to attend if not available.
2017-2018 Meeting Schedule
Friday, October 20, 2017
Friday, November 17, 2017
Friday, December 15, 2017 (cancelled)
**UDAC members are asked to attend Kent State's Karamu graduation celebration on December 14 if their schedule allows. Karamu will take place in KSC Ballroom at 6:00 pm.
Friday, January 19, 2018
Friday, February 16, 2018
Friday, March 16, 2018
Friday, April 20, 2018
Friday, May 4, 2018
- All regular meetings will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m. and wrap-up by 11:00 a.m.
- Regular meetings will be held on the first floor of the University Library (Kent campus).
- If you require polycom, please contact DEI at 330-672-2442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contents reported in the document below outline the progress of programs and initiatives developed and coordinated through UDAC from AY 2012-13 to AY 2014-15. Each year the subcommittees are tasked to identify action initiatives to pursue or to continue to pursue during the new academic term.