The Thomas and Mimi Freeman Family Endowed Scholarship
Open to all Kent State University Students enrolled at least part-time and in good standing at the university.
Thomas Michael Freeman was a graduate of Kent State University. His grandfather, Tom Freeman Sr., and family have established an endowed scholarship in Tom's honor to support Kent State University undergraduate students each fall. The Thomas and Mimi Freeman Family Endowed Scholarship would like to support students who share Tom's love of nature, dedication to others, belief in the goodness of people and sense of gratitude for all life has to offer. This will be an annual, one-time award granted to one or more students.
This $1,000 scholarship will support a writing project for one or two students each year.
- All Kent State University undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at least part-time and in good standing at the university are eligible to apply.
- Submit 5 pages of original poetry and a two-page essay in which you describe your personal writing philosophy in relationship to nature, environmental advocacy or a similar theme.
- Do not include your name or any other identifying information in your submission, including the file name. The scholarship award is judged blindly. Any identifying information will disqualify the scholarship application.
- In the cover letter section, include all of your current contact information.
- Applications are open from February 1 to April 15 of each year.
Scholarship winners will be notified in May 2022.
If you would like to donate to The Thomas and Mimi Freeman Family Endowed Scholarship, please click below: