Pregnancy and Parenting Campus Resources
The Women’s Center staff strives to address the needs of individuals contemplating pregnancy related issues and serves as a welcoming location for pregnant students and mothers. Students will be treated with respect and support, regardless of topic or need. The information below provides an overview of the most pertinent university and community resources available.
Kent State Women’s Clinic at DeWeese Health Center (2nd Floor)
- Offers initiation and management of birth control as well as Plan B
- Schedule an appointment online or call the Clinic at 330-672-8264
Find a clinic near you that offers affordable contraception options.
- Kent State Women's Clinic at DeWeese Health Center
- Planned Parenthood, Kent Health Center, 138 E Main Street 2nd Floor Kent, OH 44224, 330-678-8011
Planned Parenthood, Kent Health Center
- Trained staff to discuss your options with you if you are pregnant
Questions you may have such as attendance policies in class, make-up work and scholarships are addressed in Title IX.
Title IX protects students from discrimination on the basis of sex within federally funded educational programs. This includes discrimination due to pregnancy, parenting and related conditions.
Students seeking accommodation based upon pregnancy may contact the Student Ombuds or the Title IX Coordinator.
As with any medical need, the Student Ombuds staff serve students in pre-pregnancy, pregnancy and post-pregnancy. The ombuds assists students in understanding institutional policies and procedures and facilitates communication regarding academic concerns.
More about Title IX and your rights:
- Contact Kent State’s Title IX Coordinator at 330-672-8461
- National Women's Law Center: Pregnant/Parenting Student Rights
Literacy and Independence for Family Education (LIFE) Program
- Program designed for single parent students
- Provides support services and resources
The Child Development Center welcomes children of Kent State students, faculty and staff
Coleman Pregnancy Center offers support with material goods as well as educational programs
WIC offers food coupons, nutrition education, breastfeeding help and other resources.
- Meets the second Friday of each month at 10 a.m. in Kent at the United Church of Christ
- Contact the group leaders for more info: Almuth Koby at 330-678-6849 or email@example.com and Sarah Haren at 330-541-1039 or firstname.lastname@example.org